- What is GZIP compression and why should I use it?
- Why is my location not available in some languages?
- Why does the Auto Complete function of the Locations API not return my location?
- Why do some Location keys end in “_AL”, “_PC”, or “_POI”?
- Can I hard code location keys or links from the API response into my code to reduce API calls?
- Where can I find Air Quality and Pollen Forecasts?
- Why are results not returned in both metric and imperial units in the Forecast API?
- Is there a way to link to an extended daily forecast?
Hard coding any information, such as location keys or links to our mobile or traditional sites, is strongly discouraged. Instead, we recommend using the data within the API response and consistently updating this information to ensure any potential updates or changes are seamlessly received by your product. This helps to prevent any “breaking changes” caused by AccuWeather updates to improve the end user experience.
This information can be found in the Daily Forecast API response, but only when “details=true” is properly appended onto the API URL. Please note that this content is currently only available for US locations.
This is by design to help reduce payload sizes of the Daily and Hourly Forecast API responses. In addition to specific parameters, unit notations can also be found in forecast phrases. Therefore, returning both unit values in the Forecast response would require duplicating many parameters – which is not always preferred by developers. For this reason, to help reduce payload sizes and allow more developer options, units were separated to be more efficient for users only wishing to make use of one specific unit.