Exclusions, Conditions and Restrictions of License.
Specifically excluded from the License grant relating to the APIs and the API Data are any television type uses such as electronic publishing, database transmissions, side band transmissions, cable castings, over-the-air transmission, nationally originated television, locally originated television, cable television, satellite television, internet protocol television, OTT, interactive television or other types of broadcasts, such as radio broadcast, internet broadcast, wireless broadcast, satellite or other broadcast technology which currently exists or which may exist in the future.
Additional exclusions from the license grant include the use of the APIs or the API Data in connection with i.) the targeting of or triggering of advertising; ii.) any “connected car” applications, products or services or any vehicle telematics; iii.) the creation of an archive, database or other type of storage of information; and/or iv.) any dangerous, vital, life-threatening and/or mission critical application, product, service or facility. Examples of the types of uses that would be covered by this exclusion include but are not limited to such uses as for the operation of emergency services, nuclear facilities, air traffic control, and/or life support systems. You agree not to use the APIs, the API Data or the AccuWeather Mark for any purpose that is prohibited by law or in connection with any activity that may be unlawful or which would otherwise be considered to violate the rights of third parties.
Developer agrees that the License does not allow and Developer will not:
- change, modify or otherwise alter the APIs or the API Data in any manner or modify their link structure;
- reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the APIs or any part thereof, unless doing so is expressly permitted or required by applicable laws;
- allow direct or indirect access to the stand-alone APIs or resell, sublicense or redistribute all or any part of the APIs or the API Data to any third party;
- commingle or supplement API Data from the APIs with any other weather information;
- delete, remove, or otherwise modify any API Data or AccuWeather Mark that may or may not be included in the APIs, or in any way prevent them from appearing with the APIs as made available by AccuWeather;
- display API Data or the AccuWeather Mark(s) in any manner that suggests or implies an endorsement or sponsorship by AccuWeather or that a reasonable person could infer that content other than the API Data is approved by or is otherwise associated with AccuWeather;
- use the APIs or the API Data in connection with any activities or in any manner that could lead to death, personal injury, property damage or environmental damage;
- use the APIs or the API Data in a way that impacts the stability of the API servers, impacts the use of the APIs by others, or to interfere or disrupt products or services of AccuWeather;
- use the APIs or the API Data to disparage, rate, rank, review or otherwise evaluate AccuWeather or its services and products;
- use the APIs or the API Data in a manner that is not consistent with the AccuWeather Acceptable Use Policy as exists from time to time.
Developer agrees to the following conditions:
Developer Use of the APIs and API Data shall not be used to target current or potential customers of AccuWeather or to offer products and services that may be similar to those offered by AccuWeather.
Developer may cache the API Data for up to two (2) weeks for purposes of improving the user experience. There are no rights to store API Data for any other purpose.
In all uses of the APIs and the API Data which are licensed hereunder, Developer shall attribute AccuWeather by name and using AccuWeather brand logo as the source of the API Data. Developer shall comply with the AccuWeather’s Logo Usage Guide located at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4sioe78v21nnwxj/AACApgu73m7a0HSity0BKadGa?dl=0
Upon termination of Your subscription to a Package, You agree to remove any API Data obtained in connection with APIs from all networks and/or storage media, hard drives, etc. and delete all information in Your control or possession related to the APIs and API Data and to pay all fees hereunder.
You will only access (or attempt to access) the APIs by the means described in the documentation of the API. If AccuWeather assigns Developer credentials (e.g. Developer IDs), You must use them with the applicable APIs. You will not misrepresent or mask either Your identity or Your API Developer's identity when using the APIs.
In the event that the desired use by Developer is not covered by the License herein, You may contact AccuWeather at email@example.com to discuss a separate license.
AccuWeather may change the APIs at any time without notice and for any or no reason, in its sole discretion, and Developer acknowledges these actions may make the version of the APIs being utilized by Developer obsolete.
All comments, feedback information or materials submitted by Developer to AccuWeather shall be considered non-confidential and Property of AccuWeather. AccuWeather shall be free to use them on an unrestricted, royalty-free basis.
AccuWeather is not responsible to Developer or any third party or entity in connection with Developer Uses.
Additional Terms and Conditions.
No Warranties. AccuWeather makes no express or implied warranties, guaranties or affirmations that weather will occur or has occurred as the reports, forecasts, graphics, data, briefings or information comprising the Service state, represent or depict and AccuWeather and its affiliates shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever to Developer or any other person or entity, parties and non-parties alike, for any inconsistency, inaccuracy, or omission for weather or events predicted or depicted, reported, occurring or occurred. AccuWeather MAKES NO WARRANTIES HEREUNDER, AND THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. AccuWeather offers no information or advice with respect to investments, purchases, sales or transactions of any kind affecting commodities, securities, tradeables or other products or services, and AccuWeather disclaims any and all liability for reliance on the information provided in the APIs and/or the API Data. To the extent permitted by law or as expressly set forth herein, AccuWeather provides the APIs and API Data “as is” with no warranties of any kind.